Yes, yes you may.
Mitch Tips presents: Extracurriculars!
UChicago iPad Viewbook
Had a chance to check out our new iPad viewbook yet? We hope so! It’s available (free, of course), in the App Store. Fun fact: this entire app was designed and developed by Kalil S-N, a UChicago 3rd year.
If the mantis shrimp can see everything, can he also see your admissions decision in advance? Probably not, alas.
But we have some good news—decisions will be released to your UChicago Account in the late afternoon on December 18th. We will also mail admitted student materials the following week. Deferred and denied students will not receive notification by mail.
Thanks as always for your hard work and patience, and please be reminded we cannot give decisions by phone, email, or any other means of communication except for the letter in your UChicago Account or in the mail.
The University of Chicago’s Institute for Molecular Engineering will offer its first undergraduate course in the autumn 2014 quarter as part of a newly available minor in molecular engineering. The institute will continuously develop new courses and plans to propose a full bachelor’s degree program in the 2014–2015 academic year. - See more here!
1. Go get a hot chocolate and ask them to put a little almond syrup in there. (It’s magicalllll).
2. Pet your cat. Or someone else’s cat. If you’re allergic to cats, maybe skip this one.
3. Send your friend a fake Hogwarts acceptance letter. Training an owl to deliver it through their chimney should take a while, right?
4. Learn why “Don’t panic!” is a fun phrase by finally getting around to reading the Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy series.
5. Several people in our office are obsessed with a (great) show called Bob’s Burgers. Marathon it!
6. Have you heard of Scav Hunt? Have you read any Scav Hunt items? Have you read every Scav Hunt item ever? http://scavhunt.uchicago.edu/yore.html
7. Recreate some old childhood photos.
8. Eat candy! Candy is delicious and good for you (if the University of Chicago says this, it has to be true…right?)
9. Do you have a turtle? I bet it’s cold in this weather. Knit it a turtle cozy!
10. For realsies: don’t worry. You’re going to get in to college somewhere this year; maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but someday (yes, this is a Simpsons reference). You are all are smart, talented, awesome people and while we know these few weeks (hey, this year) can be stressful, take a step back, relax, and remember: you rock!
Forget winter. ViewChicago is coming back to you tomorrow, Wednesday, 12/11/13, at 6:00pm CST, on our Google + page.
Summer Rosenwald vs. Winter Rosenwald
Study Abroad Photo Contest 2010-11 (Honorable Mention)
Photo by Eleanor D. Class of 2012 (Cape Town Civ.)
Yesterday was our office gift exchange, lovingly labeled “Secret Snowman”; admissions counselor Zach E. asked for, and received, a large bag of potting soil. (We’re a bit weird around here).
We have decided that today, Thursday, December 5th, is Treat Yourself Thursday. Today, we interrupt our regularly scheduled UChicago photos and information to bring you only hilarious YouTube videos and gifs that will brighten your day, because we know this is a time of year where finals, college apps, and cold weather all roll in to one little ball of stress. Treat yourself to some cat videos, gifs, and poorly photoshopped weird memes in our feed today!